This forum is not-active. It's an archive, a time machine for those who contributed to the Egyptian metal music scene between 2005~2007.

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
09/21/18 at 7:17pm.
Pages: 1 2 3 
The genre that requires most skill (Read 2806 times)
Mustaine [Iceman]
Rock-Head

Rock On!

Re: The genre that requires most skill
« Reply #60 - on: 12/13/06 at 6:40pm »

Quote from Omar Gamal on 12/13/06 at 6:08pm:

Dude no, Nile are more #@*&$@#(*&% than Necrophagist =D. I can't fucking hear a single note. It's as if they play on a tempo of 10000000000 bps, hehe.

You haven't heard ANYTHING by Necrophagist, have you?

And no offense, but i'll bet you don't play guitar either. Tremolo picking isn't technical. cuz if so then Dimmu Borgir would be a pretty technical band  Cheesy .  

True Nile have technical phrases, but their fast parts are mostly tremolo picked and not the hard parts.  

We're discussing pure technicality here, as in : Total guitar acrobatics. Cheesy  
and in that arena bands like SOP and Necrophagist definitley take the cup.

True Metal Soul

Those who can't do,
label themselves
"mateela".

« Reply #61 - on: 12/13/06 at 6:43pm »

I only listened to Fermented Offal Discharge AND Excretion Text (or whatever it is). I compared both and Nile whipped their asses, my judgment was based upon those 2 songs.

Mamma's Gang Big Jim Wink
عضو عصابة القناع الأسود
مسؤول عن الحبرشة و البعججة
اختصاص: حرامى امهات

Email Omar Gamal a.k.a. Jimmy   IP Logged
Domz[Misanthrope]
Metal Soul

Scavenger Of Human
Sorrow

« Reply #62 - on: 12/13/06 at 7:00pm »

Death Metal is the most complicated tab3an Nile we Necrophagist we Decapitated we Beneath The Massacre which are more technical than Necrophagist  Smiley.

Email Domz[Misanthrope] http://www.myspace.com/domz403   IP Logged
Mory
Metal Spirit

Universal Pollution
Using Nerve Gas

« Reply #63 - on: 12/14/06 at 4:26am »

Nile is way more technical then Necrophagist..Ice man.

Way way more, and who gave you the wrong idea that most of Nile's work is based on tremolo picking?

Just because you've heard a track or two?

You can't judge until you hear more.

Email WWW Mory thrashopath   IP Logged
Ranta
Metal-Head

Ein Windir

« Reply #64 - on: 12/14/06 at 4:33am »

here we go again

Email WWW Ranta http://www.myspace.com/wildbodom   IP Logged
Mory
Metal Spirit

Universal Pollution
Using Nerve Gas

« Reply #65 - on: 12/14/06 at 5:10am »

Quote from Domz[Misanthrope] on 12/13/06 at 7:00pm:
Death Metal is the most complicated tab3an Nile we Necrophagist we Decapitated we Beneath The Massacre which are more technical than Necrophagist  Smiley.

Wink

Mustaine [Iceman]
Rock-Head

Rock On!

« Reply #66 - on: 12/14/06 at 9:21am »

Quote from Omar Gamal on 12/13/06 at 6:43pm:
I only listened to Fermented Offal Discharge AND Excretion Text (or whatever it is). I compared both and Nile whipped their asses, my judgment was based upon those 2 songs.

Listen to more songs before judging, bro  Wink  

Quote from Omar [Mory] on 12/14/06 at 4:26am:
Nile is way more technical then Necrophagist..Ice man.

Way way more, and who gave you the wrong idea that most of Nile's work is based on tremolo picking?

Just because you've heard a track or two?

You can't judge until you hear more.

I didn't make the same mistake i was advocating avoiding dude. I'm a big fan of Nile (Albeit a recent one) and i have heard alot of their work. How you can even compare their technicality to necrophagist's is beyond me.

Tell ya what. Tell me which, you think, is the hardest Nile song, i have a little thing brewing here.

Oh and just to validate my point, a few examples of excessively tremolo picked songs :  

- Churning the Maelstrom
- Lashed to The Slave Stick
- Defiling The Gates of Ishtar
- Opening of The Mouth

And half these songs :

- Masturbating The War God (The second half)
- Stones of Sorrow (The whole part before the end)
- The Blessed Dead
- The Black Flame (The whole part after 1:30 seconds into the song)

There..

That is not to say that Tremolo picking is ****** any way, on the contrary, i Love it. But Just to show i wasn't pulling stuff out of the blue.

Metal-Head

Eggheads Keep Away
PLZ !!!!

« Reply #67 - on: 12/14/06 at 4:53pm »

I think Progressive as Dream theatre !!!!

IP Logged
Suflex
Band Member of
Sirens
Ex-Diminished

[H]ard.

« Reply #68 - on: 12/14/06 at 6:16pm »

Not to ruffle anyone's feathers but when I read things like "death metal is the most technical TAB3AN" I can't help but crack up.  

And you know what technicality is not subjective, you don't have an opinion whether this piece is difficult or not, it is either difficult or moderate or easy....u catch my drift?? True some pieces can be difficult for varying reasons, speed is not the be all end all in technique, but this doesn't change the fact that  certain pieces/genres is widely known to be difficult to reproduce among musicians FOR ACOUNTABLE REASONS. Death metall of course is not known to be one of them -even though some bands might write challenging songs-.  

And BTW I've forgot to write this in my last thread: The musical genre that is widely accepted as the most difficult to learn and play is (believe it or not): Indian music!!

Email   IP Logged
Zaytoon
Metal-Head

Eggheads Keep Away
PLZ !!!!

« Reply #69 - on: 12/15/06 at 12:57am »

INDIAN MUSIC !!!!!

Have u played this Music before ?!!!!!

IP Logged
Lucas Kinney
Band Member of
Aphelion

In An English
Country Garden.
JARDIN! JARDIN!

« Reply #70 - on: 12/15/06 at 1:12am »

The thing with Indian music is that the instruments are generally hard to play (the sitar, for example, generally has about 17 strings!), and also there are so many scales ("ragas"), and so much of the music is based on improvisation.

But Diaa, whether you like it or not, you cannot say that death metal is not renowned for being technical. Maybe not to those who don't know anything about the genre, and i'm not saying ALL death metal bands are technical, but in the "metal-circle" it's a pretty well-accepted fact.

"Scorching sky on ashen wings
muted screams have deafened me
my form of justice is just in my eyes"

Aphelion - "Vehement"

Mamma's Gang Signore Shred Wink

'Do you know the brens...? The brens...of....FUN??!!?!?"
Lucas Kinney   IP Logged
Mustaine [Iceman]
Rock-Head

Rock On!

« Reply #71 - on: 12/15/06 at 3:51pm »

Exactly.

Furthermore, Diaa : TECHNICAL Death metal is just that. Technical. It is the most technical among technical genres  (Which includes Technical power, technical black and technical heavy metal). No argument, since it is not subject to opinions.

Technicality (And i mean PURE technicality) is mostly noted by :

- Non-Recurring (or repeating) riffage
- Continuous time-signature shifting
- Constant resolution to various techniques that are widely accepted as being technically challenging , including (but not limited to-) : String skipping, heavy Economy and sweep picking, and shuffle-style 'tuplets' among regular-time notes (for example using 5 sixtuplets among a whole 16th beat bar) .  
- Also, rigorous tempo-changes are present, although not very common.

So yea, as far as we metalheads are concerned; that's the hardest. Unless we start implementing indian music into our songs for some reason (Indian Metal wtf !)

Oh btw, if i had to choose a genre to take second place in technicality, it would definitely be Progressive Metal. I'm not talking the regular stuff like Dream Theater, i'm talking Andromeda style finger-melting bone crunching guitar-slaughter.
Give them a listen btw, they kick ass.

Metal Spirit

Universal Pollution
Using Nerve Gas

« Reply #72 - on: 12/15/06 at 4:42pm »

Quote from Mustaine [Iceman] on 12/15/06 at 3:51pm:
Exactly.

Furthermore, Diaa : TECHNICAL Death metal is just that. Technical. It is the most technical among technical genres  (Which includes Technical power, technical black and technical heavy metal). No argument, since it is not subject to opinions.

Technicality (And i mean PURE technicality) is mostly noted by :

- Non-Recurring (or repeating) riffage
- Continuous time-signature shifting
- Constant resolution to various techniques that are widely accepted as being technically challenging , including (but not limited to-) : String skipping, heavy Economy and sweep picking, and shuffle-style 'tuplets' among regular-time notes (for example using 5 sixtuplets among a whole 16th beat bar) .
- Also, rigorous tempo-changes are present, although not very common.

So yea, as far as we metalheads are concerned; that's the hardest. Unless we start implementing indian music into our songs for some reason (Indian Metal wtf !)

Oh btw, if i had to choose a genre to take second place in technicality, it would definitely be Progressive Metal. I'm not talking the regular stuff like Dream Theater, i'm talking Andromeda style finger-melting bone crunching guitar-slaughter.
Give them a listen btw, they kick ass.

Excuse me man..

But i have never heared about the Technical Black or Technical Power Metal..

Can you list me some bands to listen to?

Mustaine [Iceman]
Rock-Head

Rock On!

« Reply #73 - on: 12/15/06 at 8:46pm »

Sure thing .

Here're a couple Technical Power Metal bands :

- Abstrakt Algebra
- Control Denied [Technical Progressive Power] (Chuck Schuldiner was in this band!)
- Critical Mass

They're all split up now.. :S ... Which sucks.

And some Technical Black Metal Bands :

- Xapharon  (Search for them on my space to hear samples)
- Drottnar
- Slagmark [I love these guys, they're crazy] (Tech. Black/Death - http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=2472 )
- Guild of Destruction [This one isn't really technical , although they say so, but i like their music and if you disregard the horrible vocal, you might like them too.. (http://www.myspace.com/guildofdestruction)

Metal-Head

Feen Ayam El
3ezz??!!!

« Reply #74 - on: 12/16/06 at 3:58pm »

Koko Wawa...Batee5...5alas ya ged3an  
El Genre that requires most skill bgad ba2a
(Technical Death Metal)

Email AMR EL GENDY joe_tafola@yahoo.com   IP Logged
t3h 1337
Semi Metal-Head

|)4\/3 Mus74!n3 p\/\/|\|s

« Reply #75 - on: 12/20/06 at 5:00am »

Power. (Period).

"I choose to walk alone"
  IP Logged
Lucas Kinney
Band Member of
Aphelion

In An English
Country Garden.
JARDIN! JARDIN!

« Reply #76 - on: 12/20/06 at 9:24am »

power is just a purely speed-driven genre. I'm not calling it simple, but anyone can learn to play that stuff. What a lot of people don't take into account is that certain passages are easier to play fast than others, and the phrases used by many (not all) power metal bands are merely very simple lines but played faster. If you want an idea of DIFFICULT fast lines, check out Guthrie Govan -this guy is possibly better than Marty!  Shocked He can improvise (in practically ANY style) better than most people can compose, his playing is literally terrifying.

In terms of GUITAR PLAYING at least, shred is probably the most technical genre, as in many artists case, the sole point is to play as technical as possible. What a lot of people mistake about shred is that it is just pure speed, and as Diaa said, speed IS NOT the only deciding factor of whether a piece is hard or not. Shred guitarists are renowned for incorporating fast alt picking, sweep and economy picking, chalenging string skipping, multi-fingered tapping and legato tapping (i.e combining tapping and long legato runs), legato, large stretching, difficult chord voicings, frequent key and time-signature changes, and the use of many uncommon scales (eg Jeff Loomis of Nevermore uses the Phyrgian-Dominant in many songs). In colation with that, i must emphasise that extensive theory knowledge is essential in order to be considered a technical musician, as there is no way you can incorporate many of these things without understanding how they work.

"Scorching sky on ashen wings
muted screams have deafened me
my form of justice is just in my eyes"

Aphelion - "Vehement"

Mamma's Gang Signore Shred Wink

'Do you know the brens...? The brens...of....FUN??!!?!?"
Lucas Kinney   IP Logged
DEVIL-SLAYER-malek
Semi Metal-Head

i`m a volacano
waiting to erupt

« Reply #77 - on: 12/20/06 at 10:40am »

i think that actually trash,death riffs take most of the techniqs i`m not very sure i also think that technical death is very very hard

bit me and i`ll fucking bite you back
Email DEVIL-SLAYER-malek   IP Logged
tony
Shit-Head

a severed foot is
the ultimate
stocking stuffer!!

« Reply #78 - on: 12/24/06 at 6:17am »

out of everything id probably have to put my vote to jazz and technical death metal.........ofcourse this a total generalization cuz i can think of a bunch of rock bands that require more than say psycroptic or spawn of possesion..........but generally speakin,i stick to my statement.

IP Logged
๑۩۞۩๑ NAME-LESS ๑۩۞۩๑
Metal-Head

ROCK THE FUCKIN'
METAL..\M/

« Reply #79 - on: 01/20/07 at 10:00pm »

Quote from AMR EL GENDY on 12/13/06 at 2:59pm:
Oriental Black Metal

Grin Grin 5las b2a kol wa7d beykteb al genres ely hwa ye3rafha..  Grin

146logodj0_011.gif

Email   IP Logged