This forum is not-active. It's an archive, a time machine for those who contributed to the Egyptian metal music scene between 2005~2007.

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
09/21/18 at 7:35pm.
Pages: 1
HOW TO BUY EQUIPMENT (Read 509 times)
Sherief Askar [Warcurse]
Guillotine Chamber Organizer
Ex-Odious

It takes a MAN to
become a BEAST

HOW TO BUY EQUIPMENT
« on: 07/29/06 at 7:15pm »

I've noticed many of you simply lost & in despair , not knowing how to choose or on what basis , outlined below is one of several methods that I've come up with during  the last 15 years ago , I hope many of you benefit from this and  I also hope the best to our local metal scene.

Basically if you're buying any musical instrument you must have basic knowledge of the famous brands in that instrument (I.E Guitars = Jackson,Ibanez...Etc,Etc) (Drums= Tama,DW,...Etc.Etc)

Then you must know that price range that youre looking within, for example dont go lloking at the guitars that range between 800-1000 $ when all u can afford is 600$  

You must then settle on the source that you will be buying the instrument from (Locally/Internet)

Now here comes the tricky part , there are 3 ways to get feedback on a certain item , I will enlist each by it's priority

1- Read reviews on internet , I would definitely recommend  (www.harmonycentral.com)
 This website has reviews to every musical instrument related to metal/rock

2- Try the instrument if u have the opportunity to test it. (Try this several times and dont feel embarrased from the sales man at you local area and emphasize that u MUST test the instrument to feel 100% that its the right one for you.

3- Ask PERSONAL friends of yours or TRUSTWORTHY people that u know (Trust worthy meaning the people that you are ultimately confident that will ALWAYS want the best to happen to you and NOT the people that will try to put you down

Now another sequence I would also like  to outline is the order of buyin the equipment.

Now to start with you definitely need a Guitar or Bass  
DONT attempt to buy an AMP first because it will just sit there until U have a guitar/bass to plug in. Some of you will be laughing by now but i've seen cases like this.[/
b]

[b]Secondly get a pedal and an amp OR a pedal then an AMP. If you can afford a multieffect directly then you can do so BUT bear in mind that you will still need an AMP in the future to complete the sound you want especially for a live concert.
Other people will ask , How can you buy a multi effect without having an AMP , answer is most multi effects come with headphone out in the back

Finally I hope this information would be useful to many if not all of you musicians following up witht he forum. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask / PM me .
HAILZ ALWAYS  

BURN THEM & LEAVE THEM TO ROT, CRUSH THEIR BONES & BURN THEM AGAIN..
8146359   IP Logged
Karim EL-KOLALI [SatCh]
Semi Metal-Head

R.I.P (Rock In
Peace)

Re: HOW TO BUY EQUIPMENT
« Reply #1 - on: 10/01/06 at 5:31pm »

Thx a lot, dude  especially for the embarassement thing coz a lot of people dun try the equipment well n they regret after buyin it coz smthn doesnt work well . i spent aprox. half an hour tryin a guitar that i didnt buy feel free.. THX WARCURSE

Email Karim EL-KOLALI [SatCh]   IP Logged
Ezz
Rock-Head

Fuck the Egyptian
MUSIC Scene

« Reply #2 - on: 10/30/06 at 6:20am »

hey, about that multi-effect...
if you're going to buy your FIRST-EVER multi-effect... how would u know what's teh good ones and what ddo u REALLY need?... u can end up spending lots of money on some effects u wont even use.
help pls  Smiley

Ezz   IP Logged
Sherief Askar [Warcurse]
Guillotine Chamber Organizer
Ex-Odious

It takes a MAN to
become a BEAST

« Reply #3 - on: 10/30/06 at 2:20pm »

most multieffects come with similar effects in them , but if youre going to buy one then you might as well go for one of the most popular effects sold here in Egypt whish are Roland/Boss - Digitech - Zoom , depending on your bugdet I will then be able to recommend something for you.

BURN THEM & LEAVE THEM TO ROT, CRUSH THEIR BONES & BURN THEM AGAIN..
8146359   IP Logged
A. TAREK [Duke Mayhem]
Band Member of
Demons Shrine
Erebus

« Reply #4 - on: 11/26/06 at 7:28am »

good topic Warcurse, there're some small tips that will be useful when buying a guitar...(am talkin about used guitars here of course)

when u try the guitar b4 buyin it, check all the frets for buzzing specially the first fret on the E string(the 1st string), if it u hear a buzz on the first fret then there is probably a problem with the bridge's position or the neck's angle.

Make sure that all the pickups r working by trying all the positions of the pickup switch and check for glitches and buzz.

Try the Volume & TONE knobs 2 see if they're workin  (when the tone knob is turned to the max level , the sound is bright, and a little bassy when on the min level).

Check the output jack for any noise when plugging the cable in..

well play the guitar as long as u like to see if ur comfy playin it.. and don't rush into buying it..

oh don't be fooled by the guitar's shape and go pay like 1500 LE or whatever in some crappy guitars( i know some ppl who fell for that one). ask someone with some kind of experience about the value of the guitar b4 u buy it.

IP Logged
nosferatu
Semi Metal-Head

Bastards Of Bodom

« Reply #5 - on: 12/21/06 at 12:08pm »

thanx alot dude for da information

Kiss me while I’m still alive Kill me while I kiss the sky
WWW   IP Logged
Gizmachi
Semi Metal-Head

keep it death..\m/

« Reply #6 - on: 12/22/06 at 12:28am »

good topic man....wts the best types of the bass guitars..speciallyy in Egypt...>?...

devil cracked the earthly shell fortold she was the 1,,blew hope into the room n said u have 2 live b4 u die young..
Email Gizmachi gizmachi.hi5.com   IP Logged
Osama
Metal Spirit

Shoot me !

« Reply #7 - on: 01/01/07 at 2:12pm »

Great topic man, thanks alot

Mamma's Gang Mr.Mackey Wink
  IP Logged