This forum is not-active. It's an archive, a time machine for those who contributed to the Egyptian metal music scene between 2005~2007.

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
11/29/22 at 9:19am.
Pages: 1
Some Definition for noobs (Read 2095 times)
KhaleD
Ex Member

Some Definition for noobs
« on: 10/04/06 at 1:12am »

Some words that always confused me.. thought it was good to pass the knowledge on: Cool

Types Of Record Releases:

+Full Album:
An album is a collection of related audio tracks distributed to the public

*According to the rules of the UK Charts, a recording counts as an album if either it has at least four tracks or lasts more than 20 minutes.
*The first collection of records to be called an "album" was Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite, released in April 1909 as a four-disc set.

--Double Album:
If an album becomes overly long, the artist may make the decision to release a double album where two discs are packaged together in a single case.

--Boxed Set:
Many recording artists who have an extensive back catalogue will often re-release several CDs in one single box with a unified design often containing one or more albums as well as previously unreleased recordings.

--Concept Album:
a concept album is an album which is "unified by a theme, which can be instrumental, compositional, narrative, or lyrical
ex. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper lonely hearts
     Pink Floyd - Darkside of the moon

+LP (Long Play):
A long play album is a music album that is considered a whole, often nearing an hour in total length. it is longer than an EP

+EP (Extended Play):
Extended play (EP) is the name typically given to vinyl records or CDs which are too long to be called singles but too short to qualify as albums. Usually, an album has eight or more tracks (anywhere between 25–80 minutes)

*It has become customary in recent years for new bands to release their first release nominally as an "EP" to give it more grand connotations than a single.  
*A remix single is not considered an EP unless it also has other songs on it (an EP/single hybrid).  

+Demo (Demonstration):
 demo version or demo of a song (shortened from the word "demonstration") is one recorded for reference rather than for release. A demo is a way for musicians to approximate their ideas on tape or disc, and provide an example of those ideas to record labels, producers or other artists.
Demo recordings are seldom heard by the public, although some artists do eventually release rough demos in rarities compilation albums or box sets.

*Many unsigned bands and artists record demos in order to obtain a recording contract. These demos are usually sent to record labels in hopes that the artist will be signed onto the label's roster and allowed to record a full-length album in a professional recording studio.

+Single Release:
a single is a short recording of one or more separate tracks. This can be released for sale to the public in a variety of different formats.
*a single has one to three tracks(5–15 minutes)

+Split Album:
A split album (or split) is a music album which includes tracks by two or more separate artists. There have been singles and EPs released in the same nature, which can be referred to as split singles and split EPs respectively. It is different than a 'various artists' compilation album because split albums include several tracks of each artist, instead of multiple artists with only one track.

Re-Issue
A reissue or re-release is the new issue of an item after its first issue. In common usage it refers to a musical recording (normally an album) which has already been released but which is released again (or reissued) either with the body of music left intact or with some alterations. Such alterations can include remastering, re-recording, the inclusion of new material, and an update of album artwork or presentation. The term also applies to the reproduction onto audio CDs of albums which had been recorded and released before the introduction and common use of that medium.

Re-mastring:
remastering has become a powerful buzzword in multimedia industries, and it generally implies some sort of upgrade to a previous, existing product (frequently designed to encourage people to buy a new version of something they already own).
Despite its status as an industry buzzword, however, remastering actually refers to a fairly distinct process, one which does not inherently include the notion of a positive upgrade.

« Last Edit: 10/06/06 at 8:15pm by khaled_MeTaLLiCa »  
  IP Logged
Sir Zidan
Metal-Head

Do you Pink Floyd ?

Re: Some Definition for noobs
« Reply #1 - on: 10/04/06 at 3:39am »

KHALED...realy HAILZ....some confuzed me 4 long time others i didn,t knoe they exist...other i found a def. 2 them...
RESPECT Dude...thx over the info.
N.B. "Sgt. Pepper lonely hearts club band" was being recorded while Pink Floyd were recording their debut "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (1967)" @ the same "Abbey Road Studios" @ London...Another simmilarity was that the Floyd producer @ their 1st 2 albums was the engineer of all all Beatles albums till 1965,he,s "Norman Smith"...and according 2 Rolling Stone the Beatles albums was put as a top of  500 "Greatest Albums" list in 2003,while the debut Floyd album came 2 no.347 in the list...bt sure with a lot of diff expirence...the mentioned album was the eighth 2 The Beatles...while the other is Floyd debut!!!

"Yeah…that's nice. Well, I've only got an electric. I've got a black Fender which needs replacing. I haven't got any blue jeans…I really prefer electric music"
Syd Barrett
Email WWW Sir Zidan   IP Logged
KhaleD
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 10/04/06 at 7:46pm »

ur welcome man Wink

Abbey road.. wish i live there ha  Cheesy

IP Logged
New BLOOD
Metal Soul

Donot Be Silly

« Reply #3 - on: 10/05/06 at 12:36am »

thank u for the precious informations . i really was confused for a long long time

Email New BLOOD   IP Logged
Jon Otsemobor
Rock-Head

Terror and Hurbis in
the house of Frank
Pollard

« Reply #4 - on: 10/05/06 at 12:58am »

mesh el kalam da mawgood 3ala metal archives walla eih ????

Sie sind alle Sklaven unter meinen Kräften allerletzter Zerstörung
Email Jon Otsemobor   IP Logged
Moustafa Hefnawy
Band Member of
Crimson Haze
On Thronez

el keremson ya
m3allem...

« Reply #5 - on: 10/06/06 at 7:16pm »

Wow! sweet dude, thanks  Wink

"A deeper shade of red, in our hearts and in our minds. We are the crimson, the Crimson Haze, and we will leave you electrified..."
Email WWW moussy_88@yahoo.com http://www.myspace.com/moussy88   IP Logged
KhaleD
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 10/06/06 at 8:16pm »

ur welcome!

added Demo definition.. how come i miss that we7na m3ndenash ghero fe masr  Smiley

IP Logged
Osama
Metal Spirit

Shoot me !

« Reply #7 - on: 10/07/06 at 2:49am »

thats some neat stuff

Mamma's Gang Mr.Mackey Wink
  IP Logged
brain.damage
Rock-Head

Rock On!