This forum is not-active. It's an archive, a time machine for those who contributed to the Egyptian metal music scene between 2005~2007.

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
09/21/18 at 7:16pm.
Pages: 1
Heavier strings and down-tuning.. (Read 237 times)
Mory
Metal Spirit

Universal Pollution
Using Nerve Gas

Heavier strings and down-tuning..
« on: 12/09/06 at 7:29pm »

I noticed that it is logically impossible to get a clean note of the 6th string (Low E) when down-tuning your guitar even one step down using a string gauge thinner than .46 at least..

So what i am suffering from now..is that i have those GHS (0.9-0.42) that came with the guitar as a factory setting..

These are the worst strings i've ever played on..the buzz on one step down like an earthquake!

I usually tune to D or C..

So i am planning on getting my good old D'addario XLS (0.11-0.52) and ripping those weakass strings off my new guitar..

I already have enough relief in the neck and i did setup the truss rod and the bridge's action by myself after i read about them on ESP's website.

So tell me..is it natural that those super light (0.42s) buzz on the 6th string (Low E)?

To consider even getting the new strings today..cause i don't stand playing Thrash or Death Metal on the standard tuning!

Email WWW Mory thrashopath   IP Logged
Lucas Kinney
Band Member of
Aphelion

In An English
Country Garden.
JARDIN! JARDIN!

Re: Heavier strings and down-tuning..
« Reply #1 - on: 12/09/06 at 8:08pm »

no it's not normal for the strings to be buzzing. I would advise using heavier strings when tuning down below D, but it's not normal that the strings are buzzing.

"Scorching sky on ashen wings
muted screams have deafened me
my form of justice is just in my eyes"

Aphelion - "Vehement"

Mamma's Gang Signore Shred Wink

'Do you know the brens...? The brens...of....FUN??!!?!?"
Lucas Kinney   IP Logged
Mory
Metal Spirit

Universal Pollution
Using Nerve Gas

« Reply #2 - on: 12/09/06 at 8:21pm »

They the so thin that they vibrate so much man..they vibrate in an eleptical motion hitting the frets because strings become more loose as you down tune..

I've searched this..and yeah most people who use a tuning heavier that standard use heavier strings than those super light (0.09-0.42)

Email WWW Mory thrashopath   IP Logged
Suflex
Band Member of
Sirens
Ex-Diminished

[H]ard.

« Reply #3 - on: 12/10/06 at 5:54am »

I just hate having to down tune....the E just loses intonation even when u're using 11s -as i'm-, you have to play very delicately and not hit with force -which goes gainst the style u down tune for-, very frustrating.

Email   IP Logged
Sherief Askar [Warcurse]
Guillotine Chamber Organizer
Ex-Odious

It takes a MAN to
become a BEAST

« Reply #4 - on: 12/11/06 at 6:25pm »

U need to work out the bridge set up precisely OR get a 7 string. If u need help contact me .
P.S I play ONLY standard D tuning , and I have no problem whatsoever.

BURN THEM & LEAVE THEM TO ROT, CRUSH THEIR BONES & BURN THEM AGAIN..
8146359   IP Logged